RRC Accepting Comments on Proposed New and Amended Alternative Fuels Safety FormsDecember 16, 2022
The Railroad Commission of Texas (RRC) is seeking public comment on proposed revisions to several alternative fuels safety forms:
- CNG Form 1007, Cargo Tank Registration/Re-Registration,
- CNG Form 1501, Completion Report for CNG Installations of Less Than 84,500 Standard Cubic Feet,
- LNG Form 2007, Cargo Tank Registration/Re-Registration,
- LNG Form 2501, Completion Report for LNG Installations of Less Than 15,400 Gallons Aggregate Water Capacity, and
- LPG Form 501, Completion Report for LP-Gas Installations of Less Than 10,000 Gallons Aggregate Water Capacity.
The proposed amendments to CNG Form 1007, CNG Form 1501, and LNG Form 2007 are related to proposed amendments to 16 Texas Administrative Code (TAC) Chapter 13, relating to Regulations for Compressed Natural Gas Regulations (CNG), and 16 TAC Chapter 14, relating to Regulations for Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG), respectively. The proposed rule amendments implement changes as specified in Senate Bill 1582 (87th Legislature, Regular Session) as well as update, clarify, and ensure consistency among alternative fuel regulations.
The proposed amendments to CNG Form 1007 and LNG Form 2007 separate the truck registration process into multiple forms and adds instructions for completing the form. The proposed amendments to CNG Form 1501 correct the installation capacity from standard cubic feet water volume to standard cubic feet and formatting changes including the addition of instructions for completing the form.
The proposed amendments to LNG Form 2501 and LPG Form 501 include formatting changes consistent with CNG Form 1501 and add instructions for completing the form.
Also, the RRC is seeking public comment on several proposed new alternative fuels safety forms:
- CNG Form 1007A, Container Delivery Unit Registration/Re-registration,
- CNG Form 1007T, Cargo Tank and Container Delivery Unit Transfer,
- CNG Form 1022, Report of CNG Safety Rule Violation,
- LNG Form 2007A, Container Delivery Unit Registration/Re-registration,
- LNG Form 2007T, Cargo Tank and Container Delivery Unit Transfer, and
- LNG Form 2022, Report of LNG Safety Rule Violation.
New forms CNG Form 1007A, CNG Form 1007T, CNG Form 1022, LNG Form 2007A, LNG Form 2007T, and LNG Form 2022 were created in anticipation of the adoption of proposed amendments to 16 TAC Chapters 13 and 14, respectively. New forms CNG Form 1007A and LNG Form 2007A will allow container delivery unit operators to submit the correct information needed to register or re-register the unit. CNG Form 1007T and LNG Form 2007T allow cargo tank and container delivery unit operators to submit the necessary information to transfer a currently registered unit. New forms CNG Form 1022 and LNG Form 2022 will allow an individual to submit a formal complaint regarding the safety rule violations for CNG and LNG, respectively. Individuals may continue to submit anonymous complaints by calling RRC’s Alternative Fuels Safety department.
Public comments will be accepted through January 4, 2023. To view the proposed new and amended forms and submit comments, visit the RRC website at https://www.rrc.texas.gov/forms/proposed-form-amendments/.