RRC to Host Pipeline Safety Rules Webinar
On August 5July 22, 2020
The Railroad Commission of Texas (RRC) will host a free pipeline safety rules webinar to inform and train energy industry representatives on new and amended rules 16 Texas Administrative Code (TAC) §3.70, relating to Pipeline Permits Required, and 16 TAC Chapter 8, relating to Pipeline Safety Regulations. The workshop will be held from 1:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. on Wednesday, August 5, 2020.
The webinar will cover a variety of topics, including:
- Amended 16 TAC §3.70 regarding production and flow lines, permit renewals, permit transfers, gathering pipelines, and certain fees;
- Subchapter A to 16 TAC §8.1 and §8.5, relating to General Applicability and Standards, and Definitions;
- Subchapter B to 16 TAC §§8.101, 8.115, 8.125 and 8.135, relating to Pipeline Integrity Assessment and Management Plans for Natural Gas and Hazardous Liquids Pipelines, New Construction Commencement Report, Waiver Procedure, and Penalty Guidelines for Pipeline Safety Violations;
- Subchapter C to 16 TAC §§8.201, 8.205, 8.206, 8.209, 8.210, 8.225, 8.230, 8.235, and 8.240, relating to Pipeline Safety and Regulatory Program Fees, Written Procedure for Handling Natural Gas Leak Complaints, Risk-Based Leak Survey Program, Distribution Facilities Replacements, Reports, Plastic Pipe Requirements, School Piping Testing, Natural Gas Pipelines Public Education and Liaison, and Discontinuance of Service, including one change in the title of Subchapter C;
- Subchapter D to 16 TAC §8.301 and §8.315 relating to Required Records and Reporting, and Hazardous Liquids and Carbon Dioxide Pipelines or Pipeline Facilities Located Within 1,000 Feet of a Public School Building or Facility;
- New rule 16 TAC §8.110, relating to Gathering Pipelines, in Subchapter B; and
- A Guide to Shapefile Submissions, which outlines Texas Pipeline Mapping System (TPMS) attribute definitions, valid codes and digital projection requirements.