2023 RRC Regulatory ConferenceJune 01, 2023
Registration is closed for the Railroad Commission of Texas’ (RRC) annual Regulatory Conference. The conference was held July 31-August 2 in Austin at the AT&T Hotel and Conference Center.
The RRC hosted this conference to inform and train industry representatives on the applicable laws, rules, and procedures for hydrocarbon production in Texas. This conference featured over 50 sessions covering a variety of topics including:
- acreage designations;
- carbon sequestration and Class VI underground injection control permitting;
- environmental permitting and inspections;
- groundwater protection determinations;
- inactive well compliance;
- inactive well test reporting;
- oil and gas completions;
- new pipeline construction reporting;
- production reporting;
- severance tax incentives;
- critical infrastructure inspections and audits;
- critical infrastructure forms online filing;
- Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration (PHMSA) rules updates;
- Plan of Correction online filing;
- preparing for pipeline safety inspections;
- specialized pipeline inspections;
- transportation and storage reporting; and
- underground injection control completions;
- underground natural gas storage; and
- well densities exceptions.
In addition to RRC presenters, the conference featured presenters from Entrust Solutions Group, Groundwater Protection Council, National Association of Pipeline Safety Representatives, National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB), PHMSA, RCP Inc., RegSafe, and Texas811.
Plus, this year’s conference featured exhibitors!
For additional conference information and to register, visit the RRC’s website at https://www.rrc.texas.gov/about-us/organization-and-activities/activities/workshops-and-conferences/2023-rrc-regulatory-conference/